Recipe is vegetarian
For the last day of Freshers’ Week, here’s a recipe for avocado pasta! It’s super easy to make and extremely tasty, but also contains lots of nutritious ingredients to help you fight those Freshers’ flu blues. This can easily be made vegan by removing the halloumi, or adding a vegan alternative!
You will need:
1 ripe avocado
A few cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp tinned sweetcorn, drained
A bunch of fresh basil leaves, chopped
Pasta of your choice, cooked according to packet instructions
- Halve the avocado, then remove the pip. Scoop the contents into a bowl, then mash with the back of a fork.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn and basil to the avocado, then mix together.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can fry the halloumi. Simply slice however much you’d like, then fry in a pan with a small amount of oil for about 2 minutes on each side, until slightly browned.
- When the pasta and halloumi are done, pop the avocado mixture into the pasta and stir well to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to a bowl, drizzle over some olive oil, and top with the fried halloumi.
[Katie Fannin – @katfnan]