Voted for by our team of editors and contributors, this top ten was created in a festive blur of procrastination! Find the spotify playlist for it here.
- ‘Santa Baby’ Michael Bublé
Basically, Michael Bublé is straight. No ho-ho-homo here.
- ‘Spaceman Came Travelling’ Chris de Burgh
What if Jesus was an alien? Discuss. (my personal fave, sorry it’s a banger)
- ‘O Holy Night’
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaalll on your kneeeeeeeeeeees
- ‘Mistletoe’ Justin Bieber
The most heartfelt emotional lyrics our online team has ever heard: “the wise men follow the star, the way I follow my heart”.
- ‘Driving Home for Christmas’ Chris Rea
- ‘It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas’ Perry Como
Some loveable gender roles for ya, but a classic.
- ‘Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree’ Brenda Lee
A true staple.
- ‘All I Want For Christmas is You’ Mariah Carey
We all know the best version of this song is in Love Actually with that kid on the drums.
- ‘Last Christmas’ Wham
Break up anthem, and one of George Michael’s finest.
Honorary Mentions: ‘Merry Christmas Everyone’ Shakin’ Stevens; ‘I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday’ Wizzard; ‘Stay Another Day’ East 17; ‘Wonderful Christmastime’ Paul McCartney and of course ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas?’ Band Aid.
- ‘Fairytale of New York’ The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
Nothing is more Christmassy than this song.
“merry Christmas yer arse and pray god it’s our last”
[Qmunicate contributors and editors]
[Compiled/edited by Imogen Hay]