Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley: A Renowned Scholar and Author
Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley is a prominent American scholar, author, and professor known for her expertise in social policy and family studies. With a remarkable career spanning several decades, she has made significant contributions to her field through her extensive research, publications, and teaching. This article explores the life and accomplishments of Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley, shedding light on her achievements, interests, and other intriguing details.
Interesting Facts about Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley:
1. Academic Background: Dr. Crowley received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Government from Cornell University in 1990. She later pursued higher education at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where she earned her Master of Science in Political Science and a Ph.D. in Social Policy.
2. Pioneering Research: One of Dr. Crowley’s key areas of research is the intersection of gender, politics, and public policy. She has conducted groundbreaking studies on various topics, including women’s representation in legislatures, the impact of family leave policies on gender equality, and the role of social media in political mobilization.
3. Published Works: As a prolific author, Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley has written numerous books, scholarly articles, and opinion pieces. Her publications cover a wide range of issues related to family dynamics, youth development, and public policy. Some of her well-known works include “Mothers Unite!: Organizing for Workplace Flexibility and the Transformation of Family Life” and “The Politics of Child Support in America.”
4. Academic Career: Dr. Crowley is currently a Professor of Public Policy at Rutgers University, where she has been teaching since 2001. She has also held visiting professorships at renowned institutions such as Princeton University and the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.
5. Television Appearances: In addition to her academic pursuits, Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley has made appearances on various television programs as a guest expert. She has shared her insights on channels like CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and ABC News, discussing topics such as family policy, women in politics, and youth activism.
6. Influential Family Background: Dr. Crowley is married to Alan Colmes, a well-known television and radio host. Sadly, Alan Colmes passed away in 2017. Their partnership was not only a personal one but a professional one as well, with the couple collaborating on books like “Redesigning American Politics: Gender, Policy, and the Family.”
7. Awards and Recognition: Throughout her career, Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley has received several accolades for her outstanding contributions to the field of social policy. She has been honored with awards such as the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis’ Gradiva Award and the Society for Social Work and Research’s Excellence in Research Award.
Common Questions about Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley:
1. When was Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley born?
Dr. Crowley was born on May 5, 1968.
2. How tall is she?
Information regarding Dr. Crowley’s height is not publicly available.
3. What is her weight?
Information regarding Dr. Crowley’s weight is not publicly available.
4. What is her area of expertise?
Dr. Crowley specializes in social policy, family studies, and gender politics.
5. How many books has she authored?
Dr. Crowley has authored several books, with a strong focus on family dynamics, public policy, and gender issues.
6. Where is she currently employed?
Dr. Crowley is currently a Professor of Public Policy at Rutgers University.
7. Has she appeared on television?
Yes, Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley has made appearances on various television programs as an expert commentator.
8. What are her research interests?
Her research interests include gender equality, family dynamics, youth development, and the impact of public policy on families.
9. Has she received any awards for her work?
Yes, Dr. Crowley has received awards such as the Gradiva Award and the Excellence in Research Award.
10. Did she collaborate with her husband, Alan Colmes, on any projects?
Yes, Dr. Crowley and Alan Colmes collaborated on the book “Redesigning American Politics: Gender, Policy, and the Family.”
11. What universities has she taught at?
Dr. Crowley has taught at Rutgers University, Princeton University, and the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.
12. What are some notable topics she has researched?
Dr. Crowley has conducted research on women’s representation in legislatures, family leave policies, and social media’s impact on political mobilization.
13. Does she have any children?
Information regarding Dr. Crowley’s children is not publicly available.
14. What is her most recent publication?
The most recent publication by Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley is not specified as of the year 2023.
Dr. Jocelyn Elise Crowley continues to inspire and educate through her extensive research, publications, and teaching. With her unwavering dedication to understanding and improving society’s understanding of family dynamics and social policy, she remains a prominent figure in her field, leaving a lasting impact on both academia and public discourse.